SpeedTape is FastCap’s high performance ultra-bond adhesive in a peel and stick roll! Apply SpeedTape to almost anything you want to stick in place. Peel off the liner and stick it! If you have a peel and stick application, SpeedTape is the answer. I keep this stuff in every tool bag I have, its great!
I installed LED lighting under the cabinets. I used it to adhere the aluminum channel to the wood surface.
I created a magnetic chalk board; Cut a piece of 1/16 inch steel, sprayed it with the chalk board paint, and adhered it using the speedtape to the painted wood panel.
This is a fantastic use of space to allow menus for the week or kids school clippings.
One of the few times we decided not to do custom built-ins. We needed to give each kid a work area, so as a woodworker, I did the unthinkable, I went to Ikea. Although this was not a kit, It went together like one. I believe we spent about $600.00 on all the parts. & within 2.5 hours, it was installed & the kids were moving in!
Today, my son & I went to the New England Woodworking show. He is interested in pen turning, and that is a great show for just that! I did however get a little side tracked with all the candy… Although I am incapable of walking away from a woodworking show with nothing in my hands, I did not walk away with a SawStop table saw. I can however see one in my future! They make great quality equipment & they do have that 1 unique feature that no other company does…
The Speedbrace by Fastcap is an extremely unique and strong design. It comes in black, white, primed, and stainless steel. As you can see in the photos, a 1 1/2″ aluminum angle was used as a continuous wall cleat. Of coarse wood can also be used, but many times the angle (although more costly) is both stronger and faster to install. There are 2 per drilled holes for your wire management too! The Speedbrace adds a touch of modern design and keeps the structural integrity without breaking the bank.
For purchase information, check out this link, SPEEDBRACE.
The nature of being an entrepreneur means that you fully embrace ambiguity and are comfortable with being challenged regularly. Choosing this career path is completely irrational because the odds of succeeding are dismal, but most succeed because of their unwavering belief, laser focus on delivering and persistence.
Starting a company is a riveting roller coaster of emotions with tremendous highs and at times, difficult lows, but one thing that always helps me through the ups and downs is to connect with some of the greatest minds. Below are just a few of my favorite quotes:
1. “The best way to predict the future is to create it.”
– Peter Drucker
2. “Winners never quit and quitters never win.”
– Vince Lombardi
3. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.”
– Steve Jobs
4. “My biggest motivation? Just to keep challenging myself. I see life almost like one long University education that I never had — everyday I’m learning something new.”
– Richard Branson
5. “Every time you state what you want or believe, you’re the first to hear it. It’s a message to both you and others about what you think is possible. Don’t put a ceiling on yourself.”
– Oprah Winfrey
6. “It’s fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure.”
– Bill Gates
7. “It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you’ll do things differently.”
– Warren Buffett
8. “One of the huge mistakes people make is that they try to force an interest on themselves. You don’t choose your passions; your passions choose you.”
– Jeff Bezos
9. “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.”
– Thomas Edison
10. “Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
– Albert Einstein
11. “As long as you’re going to be thinking anyway, think big.”
– Donald Trump
12. “Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.”
– Winston Churchill
13. ”Genius is 1% inspiration, and 99% perspiration.”
– Thomas Edison
14. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
– Mark Twain
15. “The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand.”
– Vince Lombardi
16. “If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way.”
– Napoleon Hill
17. “I don’t know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.”
– Bill Cosby
18. “Success is not what you have, but who you are.”
– Bo Bennet
19. “Entrepreneurship is living a few years of your life like most people won’t so you can spend the rest of your life like most people cant.”
– Warren G. Tracy’s student
20. “To win without risk is to triumph without glory.”
21. “Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.”
– Mark Twain
22. “There is only one success- to be able to spend your life in your own way.”
– Christopher Morley
23. “Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve.”
– Napoleon Hill
24. “Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.”
– Albert Schweitzer
25. “What is not started will never get finished”
– Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
26. “When you cease to dream you cease to live.”
– Malcolm Forbes
27. “Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune.”
– Jim Rohn
28. “The most valuable thing you can make is a mistake- you can’t learn anything from being perfect.”
– Adam Osborne
29. “A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way.”
– John C. Maxwell
30. “The function of leadership is to produce more leaders, not more followers.”
– Ralph Nader
31. “Choose a job that you like, and you will never have to work a day in your life.”
32. “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.”
– Bill Gates
I’ve worked with more than one tradesman who had all the latest tools and gadgets and yet couldn’t build something sturdy or attractive to save his life. That’s one kind of guy. Then there are guys like Patron Mushamuka, who lives in a refugee camp in Malawi, and working outdoors with the most basic of hand tools, builds guitars. He seems like the sort of person that if you gave him a sharp rock and a log, could build you a nice piece of furniture.
Don’t get me wrong; I like tools and gadgets, but I also enjoy working off the back of my truck with the number of tools that will fit in a drywall bucket, or rigging something up with a hatchet, multitool, and some baling wire or twine. Of course the setup I’m describing sounds pretty plush compared to Mushamuka’s shop.
Thanks for this article Dave!